вторник, 13 ноября 2007 г.

I apologize, I need to be writing these more often (Keith, tu es content? C'est une blague!) This past week has been full of new things. First off classes are different, instead of taking primarily language classes we are now taking subject classes. Before I was taking Лекция (Lecture) or a class on some hardships of the Russian language and learning slang. Lexicon is what we might say in English. Разговорная Практика (conversation practice), Аудирование (Listening), Культура (Culture), Грамматика (Grammar), and Литература (Literature). Now I have Литература, Культура, Грамматика, Дискусия (Discussion), and История (History). What was surprising is my history teacher is Tim's host mom. He didn't even know that until class started. I have met some more foreigners, one from Ghana and another from Norway. Norwegian is 44 years old, his name is Hauken. He is in the Norwegian military and was accepted to be the military atache to Moscow starting next year. He's only taken 4 months of Russian and he's pretty good at it. We eat lunch with him everyday, he is also the only other foreigner that has lunch the same time we do. This is probably going to be long again.....anyways...The weekend was fun, Tim and I went clubbing at Night Ocean, a popular club in Novgorod. We arrived around 11PM and no one was dancing, I felt like I was in middle school again! I learned that the place doesn't get bumpin' until 1ish, which is when we left. Saturday we went out with Hauken to some bars. One used to be the Comsomal for the town. At one of the bars, they were playing the Macarina so naturally Tim and I had to do the dance. There were already people dancing but no one there knew the Macarina. As Tim and I were dancing it, everyone was staring at us like "WOW, what an amazing dance." By the end of the song some people were trying to steal our moves. Oh we got an applause at the end. The result of that, for the rest of the night women in their upper 40s/50s were asking Tim to dance. Oh time for my show Дизертант I'll write more later.

1 комментарий:

Keith комментирует...

Oui, toujours très content. Merci bcp monsieur.

Nous avons quelques chinois qui ont étudié le français pour que 3 mois et ils le parlent très bien. C'est un peu comme ton Norvègien, mais il paraît d'être encore plus formidable.