воскресенье, 2 декабря 2007 г.

Идёт Снег!

So last night was tim's birthday, he went to a play with a girl. And afterwards we had dinner at his house. Let me just say that his host dad is awesome! He walks around the house in his underwear and a beater! And yesterday he and his grand-daughter and his daughter performed the Three Bears for Tim! haha! I got Tim Talladega Nights and Super Bad all in Russian of course for his birthday. Saturday we visited the wooden architecture museum, it was very interesting but not everything was open unfortunately. We then went to Urevev monastery and walked along the coast, the river is almost completely frozen over and there are ice fishermen all over the place. We had a small lunch at a cafe on the beach (which we didn't know about) around the monastery. It was very good, шишлики (pork shishkabobs) and pike from Ilmen Lake, yum yum yum! Friday night we visited the banya again, this time we bought branches to beat ourselves with and I brought a hat to wear in the banya to protect my hair and my ears. I also tried an amazing beer its called Brahma its a Brazilian beer. Thursday night was a little weird met a rapper named Stan (but I think its just a hobby of his) and a skinhead named Igor. It was all double Dutch to me b/c they were either using a lot of slang, using words I don't know, or slurring all their words together. I tried cow tongue that night, tasted just like beef but it was just weird eating it because I've felt a cow tongue before. Today people are voting for the Duma. It'll be interesting to see who wins.

2 комментария:

Keith комментирует...

i hate it when people use loads of slang and slur to make foreigners think it's all "double dutch" (never heard that expression, i like it). makes me feel like i've made no progress.

it will be interesting to see who wins, but it's not really close, right? putin's party in a landslide.

instead of snow we got nearly a week straight of rain...i'm jealous of your snow.

Анонимный комментирует...

dude, tim's got my old family. unlike y'all, though, i always felt a little uncomfortable when volodya wandered around in his tighty whities...